Student Success Center (SSC)
ACADEMIC SUPPORT FOR STUDENT SUCCESS
Located inside the Specker Memorial Library, the Student Success Center (SSC) is a comprehensive support hub offering learners hands-on academic resources and guidance.
Professional tutors assist students with a number of academic support activities, including:
- Success coaching: exam preparation, time management, notetaking, stress management, etc.
- Extra lecture: assistance with mastering class material for additional practice and comprehension
- Assignment/project assistance: supportive guidance on the completion of specific class assignments
- Writing guidance: extra help with academic writing, proofreading, gathering sources, research and resume building
- GENL100 resources: the SSC is an extension of CCSJ’s’ first-year experience course
The SSC is available to currently enrolled students free of charge. Learners are encouraged to make an appointment to take advantage of the SSC’s services. Drop-ins are also welcomed and prioritized based on tutor and center availability.
Get the Help You Need
Tutoring, Resources and Support
Why schedule an appointment?
The best way to engage with the SSC is via appointment, although drop-ins are welcome. Appointments ensure a tutor in the desired subject area is available and that space for the appointment is ready to accommodate the requested visit. In addition, appointment setting via the SSC portal will allow tutors and students the ability to manage visits and maintain a record of topics discussed to make the appointment most efficient and focused on student needs.
Need to reschedule or cancel an appointment?
The SSC asks students to cancel their appointments via the portal as soon as a conflict arises so dates/times can be made available to other students. Appointment reminders will be sent via text and email.
CCSJ partners with Tutor.com to provide students with virtual tutoring for extra support in virtually any subject, any day, any time from anywhere an internet connection is available.
Tutor.com assistance is activated through any Blackboard course site. To access this service, simply click the “24/7 Free Tutoring” button on the left navigation menu in any Blackboard course.
From there, students may enjoy:
- 24/7 On-demand tutoring via live chat
- Scheduled tutoring via live chat
- Drop-off essay review
- Diagnostic quizzes
SSC Partners & Support Areas
STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER
KEITH WEROSH, PHD
Director, Instructional Support Services
Phone: (219) 473-4375
Office: Specker Library, 162B